Aquatic pets deserve vet care too! At Arbor View Animal Hospital we have veterinarians who routinely provide veterinary care to aquatic pets, such as fish (freshwater, marine and Koi fish), amphibians, and invertebrates.
- Exams, Diagnostics, Medical Treatment and Surgical Care
- Husbandry Consults
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits
- Mobile Veterinary Care (*limited travel radius)
Our Veterinarians can come to your home to evaluate your aquatic pet, see them on a virtual consult and even see them at our hospital.
Contact us at the first sign your aquatic pet is not acting normal. Finding problems early gives your pet the best chance of survival and recovery.
Bringing your aquatic pet to the vet? Here’s what you need to know:
- Always bring a sample of your pet’s water that is separate from the container you bring your pet in.
- If possible, bring extra water from your pet’s tank for us to use if we need to sedate your pet for their exam (ideally enough water to submerge them in fully).
- If you will be traveling for more than 30 minutes, it is ideal to put a bubbler in your pet’s container. Don’t worry once your pet is at our hospital, we have bubblers we can put in their enclosure if needed.
- Protect your pet from temperature changes during travel. This could include using a cooler to transport them in. Drastic temperature changes can cause serious stress and even be life-threatening to most aquatic species.
- When you take your pet home make sure you acclimate them back to their original water. This includes slowly diluting the water they are traveling in with water from their normal enclosure and slowly acclimating them to the temperature in their normal environment if it is different. Some aquatic species, such as invertebrates, are more sensitive to water parameter changes. If you are unsure how to acclimate your pet when you bring them home please consult with our staff prior to placing them back in their normal enclosure.
Caring medicine for all animals.
Monday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 1:00pm