Nobody likes to leave their pets behind when they go out of town. However, when you need to get away there’s no better place to leave your animals then at Arbor View. At Arbor View, we treat your pets as our own. You will have peace of mind knowing when you leave your pets with us they are going to be well taken care of. Not to mention we have veterinarians on staff and if your pet has a medical problem our vets are right there to assist them.
Depending on your pet’s needs, we have large runs, indoor/outdoor runs, stainless steel enclosures, and small/large bird cages. In some circumstances, certain species may require the use of their own enclosures and in most cases, we can accommodate this. If your pet requires special housing, lighting or other cage requirements we ask that you let us know and please bring these items with (ex. heat lamps, fog machines, enclosures with fine mesh sides, etc).
We offer separate boarding rooms for dogs, cats, and other exotic animals. Our goal is to minimize stress by separating pets based on their species needs. Our veterinarians are always available while your pet stays with us to contact you about health concerns. Should your pet have a medical problem while boarding our veterinarians will contact you and with your approval provide any treatment recommended.
Your pet can relax and have a vacation at Arbor View while you enjoy your trip. We offer playtimes and grooming (dogs only).
For those of you who have exotic animals, we also board them too! It’s not uncommon to see a pot belly pig, ferret, rabbit, or bird boarding at Arbor View Animal Hospital. Our staff is trained to work with exotic animals and our veterinarians are passionate about their care and husbandry.
We also offer medical boarding for pets that need a little more TLC or monitoring. For example:
- Diabetic animals
- Paralyzed animals (disc disease)
- Geriatric patients
If you would like a tour of our facility please feel free to come in at your convenience.
- Dogs need to be current on Rabies, Distemper and Bordetella vaccines
- Cats need to be current on Rabies and FVRCP
- Ferrets need to be current on Rabies and Distemper vaccines
- Potbelly pigs need to be current on their tetanus and
- If your pet needs to update their vaccines our veterinarians would be happy to do this. We do recommend (not require) having vaccines updated at least 2 weeks before your boarding visit to provide the best immunity.
- VIP Sessions (playing with your pet, snuggling with your pet, taking them for walks, etc)
- Grooming/bathing: If your pet would like to have a spa day during their stay, you will receive $5 off grooming/bathing while they stay with us.
- Gourmet Cookies
What To Bring
- We provide a high-quality food called Purina EN to our boarding dogs and cats. Purina EN is highly digestible and contains a pre-biotics to help prevent diarrhea due to stress.
- If your pet is on a special diet or is a picky eater we would recommend bringing their own food for their stay.
- Exotic pets are often on special diets and to reduce stress from boarding we recommend all of our exotic
boardersto bring their own diets with. If your pet requires fresh produce (ex. fresh vegetables, fruit, greens, etc) we can purchase these items for you while your pet stays with us. We do ask for advance notice these situations when possible and a fee does apply. We do have the ability to store food in the refrigerator or freezer should this help provide your pet their normal diet while boarding with us.
- We provide blankets and comforters for your pet to rest on, which are all washed daily. We ask that you not bring blankets, comforters and pet beds from home. Often if they get wet they don’t fit in our washing machine or they are at risk of being lost in our large loads of laundry. It’s very difficult to label these items.
- We provide toys.
- Any special enclosures for exotic pets. We would love to discuss your exotic pets unique boarding needs prior to your arrival to ensure we’re ready for your baby to stay with us.
Playtime is the best time!
Caring medicine for all animals.
Monday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 1:00pm